Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bowling in Isparta

My students compose about eighty percent of my social life these days--I'm not embarassed to admit it. Recently, a small group of my freshman girls and I went bowling downtown. I have to say that Turks are not renowned for their bowling talents. I rolled a 105 and had a score that was about 20 points higher than anyone in the alley (there were seven other lanes). One of the other girls in my group rolled a 28, and that's only because one of our teammates accidentally bowled for her one round. It was almost amazing.

After we went bowling, we played air hockey and I screamed and yelled and made so many insane gestures during the game that my students and I were laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe. Finally, we went out for some fabulous hot chocolate, served with fresh whipped cream and nuts inside (yeah, nuts--it's great!).

It was the most fun I'd had in weeks (I don't get out much). I have to say, I really love my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment