Saturday, June 5, 2010

Senior Graduation

So, I got invited to a senior graduation party, and decided I should probably get dressed up a bit. I hoped I wasn't overdressed in my black dress, black flats, and white scarf, but when two of my male students picked me up in suits, I realized I hadn't dressed up enough. I'd forgotten to wear nylons, and I could have worn heels. Sigh.

My students showed up dressed to the nines (as is common in Turkey for special events), their hair coiffured in gravity-defying styles and their 80's prom dresses all outfits they had likely bought for a wedding. I was a bit embarrassed.

Anyway, my students and I had a great time. I stayed after my colleagues left and danced with my students till 10:30. It was great. Here are some fun videos of Turkish dancing below.







Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment