Sunday, February 28, 2010

My trip to Egirdir

Franny (a colleague of mine that lives in Konya) and I went to Egirdir for the weekend, a sweet little lakeside town tucked into the mountains about 40 minutes from my house. We stayed at a pension at the farthest point on the peninsula and the water was a beautiful turquoise blue.

The weather was cold, rainy, and snowy, but we stayed warm by wrapping ourselves in blankets ar our hotel, and gorging ourselves on delicious rock lobster, trout, and sea bass, cooked to perfection. It was nice to get away from my little town and appreciate Turkey's incredible beauty, as well as the beauty of my wonderful friend who just turned 33. It was so nice to chat (and chat and chat--I think we probably frightened the locals with our loud and boisterous talking). We also got to meet the father of one of her students--a restaurant owner who gave us a meal on the house, plus some local fresh apple cider!

Anyway, enjoy the pics...and once again, Happy Birthday, Franny!



You can check out an old post I wrote about Egirdir (plus a nice pic from a distance) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment