Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Magical Italy Trip

My trip to Italy was partly magical just because I arrived. I kept reading about all the poor stranded people all over Europe and couldn't believe that I'd made it, and only a day late. I felt so blessed. But it also just seemed to have this beautiful magical glow--partly because it was spring, but there was something else...something really special...

Anyway, here are some of the highlights from my trip:
  • Arriving!
  • Spending wonderful time with Guido, of course.
  • Picking the new apartment that I'm moving into with Guido on June 20th. It's so beautiful and wonderful! I can't believe how blessed I am that I get to live there! I really feel so fortunate.
  • Seeing the new town that Guido chose for us to live in--it's called Monza, and it has a park that's three times the size of Central Park, a cobbled pedestrian center, and real Italian charm. I love it! And it's just a 15 minute train ride to Milan!
  • My cooking class in the Lake Como region...the food was unbelievable, the class informative, and the city of Varenna stunning. Wow.
  • I walked into a very pretty little English language school and asked if they were hiring. They promptly THANKED me for walking in the door, since they were looking to hire new staff. I had an interview later that week and was hired! What are the chances?
  • Eating buffalo mozzarella pizza...it was orgasmic. No other way to describe it.
  • Meeting more of Guido's incredible friends.
  • Spending the weekend in Cinque Terre and having more incredible food, lots and lots of fantastic wine, and celebrating life, beauty, and Italy.
  • Knowing that I was coming back in two months to start my life with Guido!
Okay, before you gag on all my happiness, here are some pictures of my trip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment