Sunday, May 9, 2010

Please bring my hot water back

The past two weeks since I got back from Italy have been a bit tough at home. The night I got back the hot water wasn't working and I couldn't take a shower. Then they fixed it. Then the house's windows were open one day, for no apparent reason. It was really creepy, because it meant that someone had come into our house without permission and hadn't locked up afterward. I've had the propane go out, construction and banging on my house every day until today, and we have no road in front of our house and have to walk halfway to work in the dirt.

I'm on day seven now without a working hot water heater. I've been taking showers Philippines style, with a mop bucket and a cezve, the pot used for making Turkish coffee. I light candles and pretend I'm in a Turkish hamam, but it's not that convincing.

I am really ready to move to Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment